Sometimes mistakes happen, and your name changes due to typing errors or other circumstances. A KLM name change might be allowed only if the traveler has a legal name change because of marriage, separation, or court order.
In this blog, we’ll give a detail of various strategies and steps engaged with changing your name on a KLM flight.
KLM Name Change Policy: Terms & Conditions
Suppose you have made a mistake in your name while booking a KLM ticket. Then you should know the KLM Name Change policy if you plan to change the name on your ticket. To learn more about the conditions laid by the airlines for a name change, you may refer to the points below:
- You have up to 30 hours before departure to change your name under KLM’s name change policy. On the departure day, changing passenger names is not possible.
- According to the Airline, Only the same name in the passport can change. In other words, you cannot transfer your ticket to another individual.
- You should have a KLM airline ticket to make changes under the KLM change name policy. You could not modify your name if a traveling agency booked your ticket.
- The policy does not apply to reward tickets, though. Contact the customer service providers to make the necessary corrections.
- According to the KLM change name policy, the passengers should pay a part of the ticket cost. The fee is for the name change modifications after a risk-free 24-hour period.
Points to Remember before Changing your name on the KLM Ticket:
There are some points that travelers should keep in mind before KLM changes the passenger name. You can read them in detail in the points given below.
- Name corrections are permitted if completed in a fixed period, and the tickets are booked via authorized methods.
- According to the KLM name modification policy, you can change a passenger’s name upto 30 hours before the date of departure.
- The Airlines will charge a name change charge if the modifications are done outside the free name change period.
- You may fly with an updated maiden name or last name. It means you can still fly using that same ticket if you don’t give your full name when booking. However, make sure you spell your name every time. It must be the same as the name on the passport.
How to make a Name Correction on KLM?
Suppose you want to change your name on the KLM ticket and want to know about the procedure. Then try contacting the airline through the website. The passenger can connect with the airline through the website; check out the information below to change the name online.
- The first step is to Log into the “My Trips” section on the KLM official website.
- Then enter your information.
- Choose the ticket for which you need to make the adjustments.
- Add information such as your PNR number.
- After that, make the desired changes.
- Verify the modifications you make.
- Pay for any necessary modifications if they apply to you.
- Finally, the airline will send a soft copy of your ticket to the email address you provided.
How to Change/Correct the Name on KLM through Call?
Customers always look forward to the easiest method to modify bookings. To change your name on the ticket in the smoothest way, you can connect to an expert at the airline through a call. Follow the steps to change the name through the KLM phone number:
- First, you need to dial the customer service number.
- Click on the option to change your name from the IVR.
- The agent will change your name if you qualify for it.
- Recheck the name. Request the agent to spell the name you entered.
- Enter your response by checking the box next to the command.
- If necessary, pay the KLM name change fees.
- The agent will assist you until you receive your new, corrected e-ticket to your registered ID.
KLM Name Change Due To Marriage
The airline allows you to modify your last name if your name has changed due to marriage. You must provide the required legal documentation to indicate a name change due to marriage. The same rules apply if your last name changes due to a divorce. Legal documents like marriage certificates or divorce decrees should be provided to validate the name change.
Exceptions to KLM Name Change on the Ticket:
There may be a minor error in the name Change/Correction on the ticket, but it may not need any name change or modification. Some of the exceptions that do not require a name change are listed below:
- Suppose there is any mistake in the format that the system generated. Therefore, you won’t be responsible for the mistake. You can only travel further with that ticket.
- If your flight ticket’s last name matches your passport’s last name, you do not need to change your name.
- Corrections might not be required when you have many first names, but only give one during the reservation process.
How Much Does KLM Charge for Name Change/Correction?
For a limited time, KLM does not charge any costs for changing the airline tickets’ names. Look at the following details to better understand the pricing for changing ticket names.
- The flights allow free adjustments up to 30 hours before arrival. If you go over this window, the airline will charge you a modest cost for name changes.
- Contact a representative by calling the Customer Service Number anytime for more information about the KLM change on a ticket. They are available 24 hours a day to provide you with prompt responses. Therefore, make sure to call the number and speak with an executive.
Frequently Asked Questions
What happens if my last name doesn’t match my KLM Plane Ticket?
If your last name on the flight ticket does not match your passport, you must correct your ticket before boarding the plane. KLM Airlines will charge you a small amount for the correction in your name.
How Can I Change my Name on KLM for free?
You can ask KLM for a name change for free if you booked your trip through KLM and are traveling with KLM, Air France, or Delta Air Lines. If correction requests are made within 30 hours of departure for KLM airlines or 72 hours after departure for connected airlines, KLM will not charge costs in accordance with its name change policy.
How to change the name on the KLM Vouchers?
You cannot change the name on KLM vouchers. These vouchers cannot be transferred. Except for travelers traveling in the same booking as the voucher owner, when the owner redeems their coupon, vouchers may only be used towards a new ticket or services issued for the passenger name mentioned on the original voucher.
How do I change my name on KLM Flying Blue?
The airline will allow the passenger to request changes to your personal information, including your name, title, and birthdate. To make the required alterations, you require identification documentation for KLM to complete the request, such as a government-issued ID.
Do you need a middle name on the KLM Flight?
No, including middle names on your KLM tickets is not required. Your name should, however, exactly match the names on your government-issued ID cards and passport.
Is name change allowed on KLM international flights?
The tickets are not transferable on international flights. Therefore, name changes on a confirmed reservation are not allowed. You must cancel the original ticket and make a new reservation for the new traveler. If there are cancellation fees, they will be charged accordingly.