Are you not satisfied with your seat selection? If you want to upgrade your seat to a better class, Kenya Airways offers its customers several seat upgrade options. Kenya Airways provides travelers with various flexible choices for upgrading their seats, including Miles upgrades and Bid upgrades. Different methods exist to upgrade your seat or to a business/first cabin on Kenya Airways. We’ll walk you through every Kenya Air seat upgrade process step.
How to get Upgraded on Kenya Airways?
Kenya Airways provides several methods to get a seat upgrade to make your journey unforgettable. If you plan to upgrade to a better seat. Then one of these methods can prove to be very helpful for you.
Upgrade and pay at the check-in counter
The passengers who could not upgrade online can pay a minor cost that the airline will add to the ticket if they have an eligible and valid economy class ticket and want to upgrade to first/business class without bidding or using their miles.
Upgrade at the airport
If you want an upgrade, arriving early at the airport is best. It would help if you approached the Kenya Airways check-in desk at the airport. Talk to the representative and request an upgrade. After checking your eligibility, you will then be given the upgrade choices.
Bid to Upgrade
You can also place a Bid to upgrade; you may set a price for the upgrade to business class using Kenya Airways’ bid to upgrade program. You will fly in the premier business class if your bid is the highest. Submit a bid to the airline online 48 hours before your departure. The airline will inform you if your bid is accepted.
Upgrade using your Flying Blue Miles
Flying Blue members can use their miles to upgrade to business class on Kenya Airways at the airport if they depart from Nairobi. Additionally, you can use an upgrade for a companion flying on the same airplane as you.
How to upgrade on Kenya Airways?
On Kenya Airways Airlines, you can pay more for superior service by paying a little more and moving to a better class with better facilities. One can upgrade a flight with Kenya Airways Airlines on the airline’s website. Follow the steps below to understand how to upgrade your Kenya Airways Airlines flight.
- First, go to the Kenya Airways website by opening a browser.
- Then, from the menu bar at the top of the screen, choose the “Manage Booking” tab.
- You must select the flight you want to upgrade on the following screen.
- Then, to move up to a higher class, you must choose the Upgrade option.
- After that, you should choose a seat from the seating map on the screen.
- Finally, pay the applicable amount; Kenya Airways will send you an email confirming it.
Kenya Airways Business Class Upgrade using Miles
When booking a long-haul international flight, you can choose business and first-class amenities to bypass the queue and proceed directly to the upgrade procedure. You can upgrade to business class on Kenya Airways, enabling you to select the best seat and additional amenities and services. You can send an upgrade request for an existing reservation on Kenya Airways if you have earned miles.
Simple Procedures for Kenya Airways Business Class Upgrade using miles:
- Launch a web browser, go to the booking website, and click the sign-in button on the page.
- Then, enter the proper credentials, select the Manage Booking option, and type in the passenger’s last name and reservation number.
- Further, choose the miles to upgrade your ticket, then select a business class to receive the best service at a more affordable price.
- Lastly, you will receive an upgrade message on your registered mobile phone number to confirm your booking.
Kenya Airways Bid For Upgrade
Kenya Airways has a program called Bid to Upgrade. You can submit a bid to go from an Economy Class seat to a Business Class one. Placing a bid is an interesting method to get an upgrade. Sometimes, you may be lucky and get an upgrade to the first class. The process for upgrading online using the Bid for Upgrade option is listed below.
- Go to the website and select “Manage Your Booking” from the menu.
- Further, to place a bid, confirm that your flight qualifies for the Bid Upgrade and follow the on-screen directions.
- Further, if your offer is accepted, Kenya Air will notify the passenger before departure and can take advantage of the Business Class cabin.
Kenya Airways Bid Upgrade Tips
Do not lose your heart if your bid is never accepted. These suggestions can improve your chances of success if you want to use Kenya Airways’ bid system to upgrade your flight. Follow the tips and tricks below:
- Bid a reasonable amount: Don’t lowball your bid amount; Kenya Airways is unlikely to accept offers far lower than the opening offer. Instead, be reasonable with it.
- Sign up for updates: regularly check the emails from Kenya Airways offering unique discounts or options to bid on upgrades at low prices.
- Place early bid: Think about the timing of your offer. If you place your bid relatively early than the other travelers, you will have more chance of accepting your bid if few seats are sold.
- Bid during off-peak hours: During off-peak hours, many seats are vacant. The airline may accept your bid; therefore, place your bid during that time.
How to get Last-Minute Kenya Airlines Seat Upgrade?
We all desire last-minute upgrades; getting unexpected upgrades is bliss. Here are a few choices available if you want a last-minute upgrade. These choices enhance your probability of getting an upgrade.
- Go early to the airport and ask to go to the Kenya Airways counter. Here, you can politely ask for last-minute upgrades from the representatives. There may be a slight chance that the humble representative may offer you an upgrade.
- Signing up for the frequent flyer program is best; it can be very helpful. You may get a last-minute upgrade if you are a loyal customer.
- Try to dress like a business person. You may have a probability of getting an upgrade.
- Check for online upgrade alternatives before your flight by visiting the website or using the company’s mobile app.
- Suppose you’re flexible with seating options, such as a seat in a different airplane area or an aisle rather than a window seat. There may be a better possibility for you to locate an upgrade.
Is it cheaper to get Last Minute Upgrade to Business class at the Airport?
Many travelers think getting a last-minute Kenya Airways upgrade can be cheap at the airport. Whereas, it is not necessary the upgrades totally depend on availability. The chances are very low to get a free upgrade at the airport, and you should also be a loyal customer of Kenya Airways. Otherwise, you may end up getting an expensive upgrade.