Do you want to change your Finnair flight? If you have a sudden change in your plans and want to change your flight date or destination. Then you should first be aware of the terms and policies for changing a flight with Finnair under specific situations. If you’re interested in learning how to change your Finnair flight without any hassle, then you can find all the related information in this blog.
Finnair Change Flight Policy
The airline’s flight change policy outlines the rules and restrictions for flight change with Finnair Airlines under specified situations. Please read the information below to know more.
- If customers need to change a Finnair flight, they can only make changes if they are eligible.
- Flight modifications are only possible if the ticket is booked through official Finnair channels, including Finnair.com, Finnair customer service, and the closest Finnair office.
- Finnair is required to manage and promote all flight bookings.
- Seats on your new preferred flight should be available using the Finnair flight change service.
- Passengers can make changes, subject to the Finnair change flight cost, per passenger per flight.
- Passengers will not get any refunds if the new ticket costs less than the original ticket.
- You have to pay the difference between the initial and the new ticket.
Can I Change My Finnair Flight?
Most travelers look for the answer to this query after purchasing a plane ticket. Travelers often have to change their travel plans due to unplanned events. There is nothing to worry about; you can read the steps and understand the online and offline methods of changing a flight with Finnair Airlines.
Finnair Changes the Flight Online
The most common way to modify your reservation is through the airline’s website. Passengers may easily request a flight change without paying a change fee 24 hours before the originally scheduled flight departure,
- First, open finnair.com and log into your account.
- Secondly, click on the “My Trips” option.
- Then, enter the details, including the passenger’s last name and reference number.
- Select “Continue” from the menu.
- Further, choose a flight that you want to modify.
- Now complete the change flight process by following the further steps and instructions.
- Finally, you will receive an email or phone confirmation for the freshly booked flight.
Finnair Changes Flights Offline
If you need help making adjustments online, connect with an expert offline. Surely, the Finnair team will solve all your change flight-related queries and firmly guide you through the process.
- First, visit the Finnair website and navigate the “Contact Us” page.
- Then, find the contact number of your region and call the Finnair change booking number and hold. At the same time, you wait for the representative to answer.
- Further, give the executive at Finnair your reservation information.
- After that, inquire about the available flight change options.
- The flight executive will inform you of any changes to the flight price that affect your reservation.
- Pay the necessary Finnair change flight fee at the checkout page and complete the flight adjustments.
- After completing the transaction, you will receive a change booking confirmation on the registered email.
How to Change the Flight Date on Finnair?
Suppose you have an unexpected meeting to attend on the day you plan to travel or want to postpone your plans due to some circumstances. Finnair allows you to modify your travel dates. Follow the steps for the flight date change.
- Firstly, Visit the Finnair website or call the number available on the website.
- If you browse the website, navigate to the “manage booking” option.
- Then enter the passenger booking reference ID and last name.
- The details of your reservation will be displayed on the screen.
- Then, change your trip dates by following the instructions.
- And click on the “Submit” option from the menu.
- If your trip dates change, you must pay a fee to change your flight on Finnair.
- You can also change your departure date when you are eligible for it.
How Much Does It Cost to Change a Flight on Finnair?
Finnair charges a change fee that ranges from $150 to $350 for all changeable flight tickets. Additionally, you must pay the fare difference that applies to your ticket booking and the reissue fee when changing your flight—the costs also change if the route or price type changes. However, Finnair business class flights don’t charge for the service. Additionally, while altering a flight online, the cost of a Finnair change is displayed on the screen. And you can pay accordingly.
Can I Change Finnair Travel Destination?
Yes, it is completely possible with Finnair if you want to change your destination. According to Finnair’s change flight policy, passengers who have booked a round-trip ticket can only change their destination on the return flight. You can change the destination by logging in to your account and then navigating to the “change flight destination.” Then you can enter a new location. The airlines will display available flights from the same departure city to the new location. To finish the request, pick the flight and pay the necessary fees.
Finnair Passenger Name Change Policy
Travelers are not permitted to transfer their Finnair ticket to another passenger. However, you can make name corrections of up to three characters in the first, middle, or last names is allowed. Passengers must submit a government photo ID that should match the name exactly as it should appear on the flight ticket. If there is a mistake in your name, this may lead to the denial of boarding by the airlines. The passengers should apply for a name change approximately 24 hours before departure.
How to Reschedule a Flight on Finnair?
In case you have missed your flight or encountered any emergency which may lead to a shift in your plans. Finnair completely understands this situation. You can easily reschedule your flight by following the simple steps.
- Firstly, visit finnair.com and select the ‘Manage booking’ option.
- Then, enter the passenger’s last name and the six-character booking confirmation.
- Choose a new date, time, or destination, and click on the “Change” button.
- All flight changes are subject to the applicable cost difference and the Finnair change fee.
- Lastly, after completing the transaction, you will receive a confirmation of Finnair’s rescheduled booking.
How can I Change My Finnair Flight for Free?
In some situations, it lets you change your flight for free. If you are changing your flight, then read the given points. You may also be eligible for a free Finnair flight change.
- The seven days starting from the initial departure date can be changed in the event of a severe flight delay of three hours or more.
- You should consider requesting a flight change within 24 hours of the original purchase, provided the change is made at least seven days before the original flight departure date.
- Anytime before the scheduled departure in the event that a family member or traveling partner passes away.
Frequently Asked Questions:
It will depend on the fare type you have purchased. You can change your flights if you purchase a Flexi or classic ticket. You can check the flight change policies on the company website if you have a regular ticket. After changing your ticket, the normal ticket rules will apply to any additional changes.
No, Finnair charges no service costs for modifying a flight. However, you must pay the airlines the cost difference if the rescheduled/ changed flight price changes.
Indeed, it is possible to change your Finnair flight free of cost. If you choose Finnair’s same-day flight change, you can change your flight’s date, time, or destination without paying any fees.
Depending on the travel route, Finnair charges a change fee to passengers. Depending on the itinerary, the airline costs 150 USD for all domestic reservations and 250–350 USD for foreign reservations.